Thursday, August 27, 2015

MAKE LOVE LIKE WAR

No need to look it up online. I already know why light bruises so easily. You and even I, a man with spirochetes floating inside, pass through time no problem. Although don’t expect too much. It’s like the full body scan at the airport except I’m lying on my back and floating up (but oh how slowly), up toward the frayed light, and there’s no far anymore and no near,  there’s no me and no you, there’s only flash, bang, boom, and this feeling of floating where the dark can’t.


About Howie Good:
Howie Good, a journalism professor at SUNY New Paltz, is the author of the forthcoming poetry collection Dark Specks in a Blue Sky from Another New Calligraphy.

1 comment:

  1. ...then, dude, you might croak;
    however, in eternal Seventh-Heaven,
    you'll gauffaw at our demise.
    Wannum?
    GBY

    ReplyDelete